Sunday 22 April 2018

Greetings to all my family and friends back in Canada and the US.
My last blog was just after arriving in Zim and now here it is time to leave to return to Canada.  So this will be short (and sweet).  Much has happened in the month I have been here and indeed I have been blessed beyond measure.
The month has passed way too quickly as it seems there is much left to do.  It was great to have a visiting pastor from Keremeos, BC (good friend of Glen's and mine) come to Zimbabwe and spend time at our college and the surrounding area. He preached at a number of local churches including one in the rural area.  Thanks Jason!!  It meant a lot to our students, staff and their families,and of course to me.
But it was not all work.  On Saturday, our friends the Allen's took us on a day trip to Imiri Wild Life Park where we had an awesome time of fellowship along with seeing many of the wildlife in that area, including giraffe, elephant, zebra, warthog, gamesbuck, wildebeast elan, (I'm sure I've missed some,but we saw a lot).  For Jason, it was his first trip outside of Canada and I think he fell in love with Zimbabwe and her people.
Will blog at greater length once I am back on Canadian soil.   But right now I have to sign off as the Allens are coming to pick me up and I'm off to the airport.
Love and blessings to all of you.
Marj

No comments:

Post a Comment